At the beginning of your turn, you get an Upkeep Phase. Players don't need to do anything during their Upkeep Phase, Upkeep happens automatically and instantaneously.
Upkeep happens in the following order:
- Check Control Towers. Check the number (n) of Control Towers the player is controlling and award points accordingly (5n2 + 5n).
- Check Satellite Uplinks. Check how many Satellite Uplinks you control and draw a Card from your Satellite Deck into your Satellite Hand for each one.
- Refresh Action Points. Each Unit's Current AP is refreshed to equal their Base AP.
- Check Tags and Effects. All Tags and Effects attached to Units are decremented and applied as appropriate.
Note: There are only two known instances where the Upkeep order matters:
- Control Towers award points before Effects are checked. Suppose that, in an attempt to stave off defeat, your opponent throws a whole bunch of 'Rot' cards ('Rot' does "-5 HP on each of target's upkeeps") on one of your units controlling a Control Tower. In the Upkeep Phase order, Check Control Towers comes before Check Effects, so you would be awarded points before your unit rotted to death.
- Suppose that your opponent throws a whole bunch of 'Rot' cards on one of your units controlling a Satellite Uplink. In the Upkeep Phase order, Check Satellite Uplinks comes before Check Effects, so you will draw a Card into your Satellite Hand before the unit controlling the Satellite Uplink rots to death.